Methodist chapel, Intake Lane

12 12 2011

The source of most of the material on this page is ‘Gawber in Times Past’ by John Batty and Gerald Bradbury.  A copy of this book is available in the central library.  To view the full size image, click on it.

This is the Methodist chapel that used be on Intake Lane.  It was on the left hand side going down the lane, just before the bend to the right.  In the background is the first of the six semi-detached properties that  marks the border between the Pogmoor and Gawber sections of the lane.

The Sunday School at the chapel held its centenary in 1834, Here is the serviette that was produced to mark the occasion.